Our client is a leading manufacturer serving the automotive industry and is in need of a controller. This is not your typical controller who handles monthly close and financial reporting- but it is more of a mini CFO. The focus is on running the business. This includes budgeting, forecasting, KPI development and target-setting. Working directly with the managing director, the controller supports best practices across the business in order to help drive positive operational performance.
- Oversees the accounting function from start to finish- ensuring processes are compliant with applicable accounting standards.
- Provides all financial statements and forecasting.
- Works to continually improve procedures that in turn improve results.
- Develops and maintains manufacturing standards and the underlying information within the ERP systems.
- Manages capital expenditures / projects.
- Cash planning and forecasting.
- Tax related compliance and transfer pricing matters.
- Manages financial risk- especially with regard to fx.
- Continuously monitors the risk environment for the business.
This position requires a minimum of a bachelor's degree in accounting / finance. MBA is preferred. CPA designation is also highly desirable.
This position requires a professional with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience within an accounting / finance operation and demonstrated advancement. Additionally, prior experience in a manufacturing business is extremely helpful. Prior financial reporting experience and ERP experience is also required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multi-task
- Skilled at managing the day-to-day with longer term goals in mind
- Advanced analytical skills
- Able to communicate effectively with all levels of people in the business
- Capable of processing information and making reasonable decisions